Internship Opportunities for Fall 2008 Semester
(Other internship periods may be applied for, including Spring Semester 2009 and Summer 2009)
Business and Trade Internships
The Intern helps organize and implement special programs in which Northeast Ohio executives participate. This position provides an opportunity to learn more about international business.
Corporate Partners Intern
The Intern helps organize and implement special programs in which employees meet with Global Scholars student participants and international leaders. This position provides an opportunity to learn more about international business.
Global Scholars Education Program Intern
This is a challenging position that involves the following:
- Curriculum design — Interns locate and review articles on a given country with the executive director and propose four issues, stated in question form, with pro and con discussion points.
- Student session facilitation and evaluation — Interns take notes during Global Scholars briefing sessions on students' participation and help facilitate small group discussion, providing a follow-up evaluation of each session. These events take place three times each semester and require Intern participation in late afternoon and evening during a given week.
This position provides an opportunity to broaden one's knowledge of other countries' economic, social, and political issues through direct experience in an innovative student program.
Intern activities include researching corporations, foundations, and individual donors, as well as assisting in seasonal development activities. This position provides an opportunity to learn about fundraising and non-profit management.
The Intern assists in several areas related to the ACWA Web site and communications design. Activities include:
- Sourcing ideas for articles for the ACWA Web site, based on attending ACWA
Global Scholars and Speaker Series events, with the opportunity to interview speakers
- Opportunity to interview area people with notable international accomplishments
- Videography of selected events
- Editing videos for specific audiences
- Helping to maintain the ACWA Web site, entering material into templates
- Researching appropriate media contacts for Global Scholars program and helping to design media campaigns